The Regulars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Regulars

A place for the Awesome People to be.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Drugs and Alcohol

Go down 
+18
HeartbreakHoldout
Clock-Ninja
Achromatic
ZENON
Maximus
Igotaname
Sensationalism
HotActionYiffFur
igott
Lost_Chances
Scarab
Alfain
Clever Nickname
Timmy
InsertFunnyUserName
robotussin
RobotTaco
EpicFail
22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
EpicFail
Admin
EpicFail

Sign-Up Date : 2009-08-07

Drugs and Alcohol Empty
PostSubject: Drugs and Alcohol   Drugs and Alcohol Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:34 pm

What are your opinions on Drugs & Alcohol? Is there an alright amount to abuse? Etc.

I lived with my mum for about 10 years until I got kicked out for my first time due to the fact that I hated her drug addiction, she had been a crack addict my entire life, I know this, my entire family found out quite easily, and we also discovered my mom was using while pregnant with me, thus making me a crack baby.

The past 7 years since that incident, I have been living with my dad, I have gone to my mum's house, but all her and I have done is fight with each other, she didn't like the fact that I was a drug addict for a while, and I hated the fact she was abusing drugs in front of our entire family.

So much shit has happened throughout her addiction, I can't even remember most of it, but my little brother has an entire booklet of events that took place, and my dad used to have something on the computer that summarized everything that happened, unfortunately it is gone now, otherwise I would share.

I really got nothing on alcohol, it makes me happy, and my dad drinks it, but doesn't abuse it... Yay?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/LukeCobain
RobotTaco
Feeling Awesome Yet?
RobotTaco

Sign-Up Date : 2009-08-09

Drugs and Alcohol Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drugs and Alcohol   Drugs and Alcohol Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:53 pm

Drugs and alcohol? I like. My family hates it, but they're close-minded sons of an arse. It's honestly not terrible if it's in moderation. I love pot. I love alcohol. I love Camel cigarettes. And I am addicted to none of these. I just enjoy the feeling they give me.
Back to top Go down
robotussin
Am I cool Now!?!?!?
robotussin

Drugs and Alcohol Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drugs and Alcohol   Drugs and Alcohol Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:09 pm

Weed is cool, until it makes a loser out of you.
Back to top Go down
InsertFunnyUserName
Am I cool Now!?!?!?
InsertFunnyUserName

Drugs and Alcohol Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drugs and Alcohol   Drugs and Alcohol Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:18 pm

The list of drugs that I approve of is very short. Pot is on there, as long as it's not used every single day. Everything in moderation. The reason that I approve at least partially of pot is that it's not physically addictive, like cigarettes and other drugs are. It also doesn't, to my knowledge, cause any permanent damage.

It does mess with your limbic system, but that can be reversed, I think. You can retrain your brain.

I definitely do not approve of cigarettes. There's way too much research that shows that cigarettes have a very good chance of giving the user cancer. And then there's second hand smoke which is just as, if not more so, harmful as first hand smoke. It's also incredibly hard to break a nicotine addiction.

Alcohol is fine by me as long as you're not abusing it constantly. Like I said, moderation is key.
Back to top Go down
Timmy
Timmy

Drugs and Alcohol Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drugs and Alcohol   Drugs and Alcohol Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:15 pm

That's tough to live through, man - I'm sorry to hear about it. It must be frustrating seeing someone that close go through such a self-destructive lifestyle.

Personally, I've never done anything worse than weed or salvia. I rarely drink to excess and try to stay as healthy as possible.

I'm pretty boring that way.
Back to top Go down
Clever Nickname
Am I cool Now!?!?!?
Clever Nickname

Drugs and Alcohol Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drugs and Alcohol   Drugs and Alcohol Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:16 pm

edge my pledge, i guess

i've never drank or smoked or anything but i'm not a self-righteous asshole about it. i'm curious about pot and salvia but not so curious that i'm going out of my way to try it. if i'm in a situation where i'm comfortable with the people i'm with and the place i'm at and they ask me if i want a hit i may say yes, but that's it. psychedelics fascinate me. i may end up being a social drinker but i don't want to bother getting drunk.

cigarettes are a huge turnoff for me, i hate their smell.
Back to top Go down
Alfain
Am I cool Now!?!?!?
Alfain

Drugs and Alcohol Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drugs and Alcohol   Drugs and Alcohol Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:35 pm

I get drunk, but only in a social situation. I occasionally do caffeine, in the form of Coca-Cola.

That's about it. I don't care if friends smoke pot or psychedelics, as long as there is no physical dependence and it's not too unhealthy.

And moderation, too.
Back to top Go down
http://proottalfain.newgrounds.com
Scarab
Am I cool Now!?!?!?
Scarab

Drugs and Alcohol Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drugs and Alcohol   Drugs and Alcohol Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:36 pm

That's sad to hear about your mum. I don't really know all that much about the specifics with drugs, but I can only hope that the self-destructive nature slackens off even the slightest bit over time, before things blow up any further. Obviously it affects everyone... but hopefully you're getting along well enough?

As for my views... well, I think it's hard to really determine satisfactory amounts of a substance for everyone. I don't want to get into the legal side of things here, and I tend to find some of the "certain" biology about it all to be a bit iffy at times, especially when something seems to come every week or two.

I've never done any illicit drugs personally, but if I'm honest, I'd love ot be able to get into drugs that really expand your thinking and enhance your creative skills. Some of my most favourite artists, writers, etc. used drugs as muses. While I wouldn't like to think I'd do drugs solely to copy the style of someone else, I'd love ot be able to produce something that was on par with what they were coming up with. I don't want to name any specifically, because then I have them in mind... and since my knowledge tends to be here-and-there (I blame ever-mixed sources of info), I feel like I'd be overthinking things at this stage, I don't know. I'm aware that end results aren't always good, but I'm young. I feel like acting on something, you know?

Cigarettes are less appealing to me for a few reasons. I'm not the healthiest person alive; I've had breathing issues since I was little. I think smoking would definitely exaggerate that, even though it's gotten slightly better since. On top of that, I've known quite a few smokers in my life. My parents used to smoke, and, perhaps expectedly, warn me to stay away. People I've known at college are smokers too though, and they never stop wishing they could quit. Some of them are younger than me, and they struggled to get up the stairs without running out of breath at times.

I'll admit now to liking the look of someone with a cigarette in their mouth at certain times though...

And alcohol, well, I drink quite a lot. I come from a family of drinkers, and while I wish I could slow myself down with how much I drink, I can't deny the pleasures I get out of it. More informally, I like discussing drinks with people. It's a popular topic, and it helps everyone settle down, I think. I should really just adjust more forcefully what I do while drinking, because I've done too many things (for my age) that I'm not proud of in the slightest. Eh, I have this thread on this, which I sort of made as an apology almost. I do think I overdramatise it though, haha.
Back to top Go down
Lost_Chances
Lost_Chances

Drugs and Alcohol Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drugs and Alcohol   Drugs and Alcohol Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:51 pm

I'm just going to say yes to both. People should be free to take whatever they feel but still be made responsible for their actions.
Back to top Go down

Drugs and Alcohol Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drugs and Alcohol   Drugs and Alcohol Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:08 pm

Drugs:
Something i did... A LOT when i was younger... haven't had any in years...

Alcohol:
I drink like a fish... mainly on the weekends...

Aside of that my personal opinions are fairly non-caring... i dont care if people do drugs as long as it doesn't affect me, and even less alcohol.
While some drugs should be legal (Marijuana), they can be replaced by yet still legal means.
Back to top Go down
EpicFail
Admin
EpicFail

Drugs and Alcohol Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drugs and Alcohol   Drugs and Alcohol Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:15 pm

RobotTaco wrote:
Drugs and alcohol? I like. My family hates it, but they're close-minded sons of an arse. It's honestly not terrible if it's in moderation. I love pot. I love alcohol. I love Camel cigarettes. And I am addicted to none of these. I just enjoy the feeling they give me.

You smoke cigarettes because of the feeling they give you? They give you a head rush for a few seconds, and you continue smoking them, and you will get addicted to smoking. Might as well not bother, seriously, cigarettes will grab you by the balls and start sucking the money right out of you, take it from me.
Back to top Go down
igott
Admin
igott

Drugs and Alcohol Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drugs and Alcohol   Drugs and Alcohol Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:22 pm

robotussin wrote:

Only moralfags down Stoners because they're conservative idiots.
Back to top Go down
EpicFail
Admin
EpicFail

Drugs and Alcohol Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drugs and Alcohol   Drugs and Alcohol Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:25 pm

Marijuana is not a bad drug at all, some people can abuse marijuana for sure, I know a lot of people who definitely do, and have, but if you're only smoking weed a few times a week, that is fine, it's once you start smoking weed by yourself every day or something that you have to begin worrying about it.
Back to top Go down
HotActionYiffFur
Am I cool Now!?!?!?
HotActionYiffFur

Sign-Up Date : 2009-08-10

Drugs and Alcohol Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drugs and Alcohol   Drugs and Alcohol Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:27 pm

Any illegal substance is a double edged blade, for where it's not physically anyone else's problem, it will affect the financial construct of the economy; may it be just a small foot print. Personally I don't care what people chose to do with their lives, just as long as it's not physically harming others or intentionally becoming a spectacle for desired attention.

As for drugs and alcohol; yes I do partake once in a blue moon. I'm not defined by them nor do they control me. I know my boundaries and what I'm comfortable taking, and refuse to cross them unless I knowingly choose to do so.

The sad truth is most can't control themselves, and become addicted to substances that gave them relief. The addiction element to anything is what makes the experience questionable to me, because it temporarily changes a persons ability to function correctly. When put in the right circumstances, they become an accidental murder waiting to happen. The harder substances are the ones I avoid, and I wish more people would.

Getting a temporary high is one thing, tripping on mushrooms is a totally different story. Same goes with alcohol. If people could learn to use common sense then I feel the topic would be a lot less one sided.
Back to top Go down
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/hotactionyifffur/
RobotTaco
Feeling Awesome Yet?
RobotTaco

Drugs and Alcohol Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drugs and Alcohol   Drugs and Alcohol Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:41 pm

EpicFail wrote:
RobotTaco wrote:

You smoke cigarettes because of the feeling they give you? They give you a head rush for a few seconds, and you continue smoking them, and you will get addicted to smoking. Might as well not bother, seriously, cigarettes will grab you by the balls and start sucking the money right out of you, take it from me.

It's kinda hard to get addicted to something you don't have a steady supply of. I bum it from my friend. It's also a social tool, a bonding mechanism. Some people become more talkative. In my case, I become more assertive and witty. I'll probably quit some day, but until then I'm gonna enjoy being young.
Back to top Go down
Sensationalism
Admin
Sensationalism

Drugs and Alcohol Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drugs and Alcohol   Drugs and Alcohol Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:51 am

Alcohol is a drug. :P I get what you mean though. I like experimenting with drugs, haven't done as much as I'd like to though. The only drug I'd do regularly is weed. I'm not addicted to anything. I did smoke weed all day every day at one point though, shit was bad.

I'm not very fond of alcohol but I do drink it every once in a while. I'd much rather get high.

I also like reading about drugs. It's interesting to hear about other people's trips and perceptions involving drugs. I haven't read a bunch of books about the stuff, but I plan on reading more. My favourites so far have been Breaking Open the Head by Daniel Pinchbeck and The Doors of Perception and Heaven and Hell by Aldous Huxley. I've got a lot more stuff to read ,haha.
Back to top Go down
Igotaname
Am I cool Now!?!?!?
Igotaname

Drugs and Alcohol Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drugs and Alcohol   Drugs and Alcohol Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:00 am

igott wrote:
robotussin wrote:

Only moralfags down Stoners because they're conservative idiots.

I agree so much I want to have your babies
Back to top Go down
Maximus
Feeling Awesome Yet?
Maximus

Drugs and Alcohol Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drugs and Alcohol   Drugs and Alcohol Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:01 am

I'd like to try Saliva, Mushrooms or/and LSD in future.
Back to top Go down
http://braximus.webs.com
ZENON
Am I cool Now!?!?!?
ZENON

Drugs and Alcohol Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drugs and Alcohol   Drugs and Alcohol Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:51 am

I understand that I have an addiction to grass, but it's just a psychological thing. I don't fiend out when I don't have it, and I generally really enjoy it. So that's why I've got no problem with that. Shrooms are a fuckload of fun, salvia is a great mind-opening experience, and I have yet to do LSD but I shall be doing much music writing when I finally try it smile

The only addiction that I'm ok with myself having is cigarettes, so it gives me a reason to stay away from the harder drugs. I got into e for a while... for about 10 or 11 months. It took away from almost all of my musical activity, and it really destroyed my mind and my memory. Not literally, but it made me feel a shit load slower when I was doing it a lot. I now realize that it is the shittiest thing ever if you abuse it, so hopefully I did it for the last time a few weeks ago.

Drugs are fun, addictions are not.
Back to top Go down
Sensationalism
Admin
Sensationalism

Drugs and Alcohol Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drugs and Alcohol   Drugs and Alcohol Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:53 am

Maximus wrote:
I'd like to try Saliva, Mushrooms or/and LSD in future.

Same here minus salvia because I've done that. Oh god. Make sure you have a sitter. The time I smoked the most, my sitter left me alone. I tried to walk and fell down. Took forever to get back up, finally made it to the stairs and then started yelling for him and laughing. He came down, yelled at me, and left again. Sucked. The trip was funny though.
Back to top Go down
Achromatic
Am I cool Now!?!?!?
Achromatic

Sign-Up Date : 2009-08-08

Drugs and Alcohol Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drugs and Alcohol   Drugs and Alcohol Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:33 am

Oh lawd. My mom lectured me today about meth and how bad it is.

And then she said something along the lines of, "But weed isn't bad. You can do that. Just not meth."
Back to top Go down
Maximus
Feeling Awesome Yet?
Maximus

Drugs and Alcohol Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drugs and Alcohol   Drugs and Alcohol Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:58 am

Weed isn't nearly as bad as meth.

Meth is just kind of fucked.
Back to top Go down
Achromatic
Am I cool Now!?!?!?
Achromatic

Sign-Up Date : 2009-08-08

Drugs and Alcohol Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drugs and Alcohol   Drugs and Alcohol Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:01 am

Yeah, true. My mother's entire side of family all smoke weed though, lulz.

We just have a bunch of fucking horrifying commercials about meth and this whole "Colorado Meth Project"
Back to top Go down
Maximus
Feeling Awesome Yet?
Maximus

Drugs and Alcohol Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drugs and Alcohol   Drugs and Alcohol Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:01 am

Yeah I've seen them all.
Back to top Go down
RobotTaco
Feeling Awesome Yet?
RobotTaco

Drugs and Alcohol Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drugs and Alcohol   Drugs and Alcohol Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:05 am

Meth looks incredibly dangerous. It is one of the few drugs I never want to try.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Drugs and Alcohol Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drugs and Alcohol   Drugs and Alcohol Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Drugs and Alcohol
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Regulars :: The Regulars :: General-
Jump to: