The Regulars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Regulars

A place for the Awesome People to be.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Favorite album ever?

Go down 
+18
Timmy
WritersBlock
Scarab
Flashwarrior
Maximus
Lost_Chances
CapnCrunchDaPimp
TheSilverGuitar
Achromatic
Twone
Dobio
EpicFail
ZENON
lawlmaster
Thosesneakyfrench
Sensationalism
Andrew
BRASS
22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
BRASS
Feeling Awesome Yet?
BRASS

Sign-Up Date : 2009-08-07

Favorite album ever? Empty
PostSubject: Favorite album ever?   Favorite album ever? Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:24 pm

This is not artist nor song, but album?

What album touched your heart so strongly that you deemed it your favorite of all time?

I think for now I'll either pick "Origin of Symettry" by Muse or "Wrath" by Lamb of God.

What a varied music taste rite?

OK GO
Back to top Go down
Andrew
Am I cool Now!?!?!?

PostSubject: Re: Favorite album ever?   Favorite album ever? Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:35 pm

Dark Side of the Moon is the best whole album ever.
Back to top Go down
Sensationalism
Admin
Sensationalism

PostSubject: Re: Favorite album ever?   Favorite album ever? Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:35 pm

Hmmm that's hard. There may be more but for now I'm going to say American Beauty. It totally made me into a Deadhead. God I love it so much! Box of Rain is probably my favourite song on it.
Back to top Go down
Thosesneakyfrench
Am I cool Now!?!?!?
Thosesneakyfrench

PostSubject: Re: Favorite album ever?   Favorite album ever? Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:41 pm

I'd have to go with The Hours That Remain by mercenary. The topics of each of the songs are linked together, which I happen to like a lot. Mercenary does this in Architect of lies too, but I feel like it's a lot more polished in THTR.
Back to top Go down
BRASS
Feeling Awesome Yet?
BRASS

PostSubject: Re: Favorite album ever?   Favorite album ever? Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:11 am

Thosesneakyfrench wrote:
I'd have to go with The Hours That Remain by mercenary. The topics of each of the songs are linked together, which I happen to like a lot. Mercenary does this in Architect of lies too, but I feel like it's a lot more polished in THTR.

Had never heard of them so I checked out a song.

I liek.
Back to top Go down
lawlmaster
Am I cool Now!?!?!?
lawlmaster

PostSubject: Re: Favorite album ever?   Favorite album ever? Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:15 am

Inhuman Rampage by dragonforce
Back to top Go down
ZENON
Am I cool Now!?!?!?
ZENON

PostSubject: Re: Favorite album ever?   Favorite album ever? Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 08, 2009 6:31 am

It's a toss up between L.D. 50 and The End of All Things to Come by Mudvayne.
Back to top Go down
Sensationalism
Admin
Sensationalism

PostSubject: Re: Favorite album ever?   Favorite album ever? Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:00 am

I do like Mudvayne. Sadly I can't go to the concert on Sundy.
Back to top Go down
EpicFail
Admin
EpicFail

PostSubject: Re: Favorite album ever?   Favorite album ever? Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 08, 2009 1:35 pm

This is a really tough choice, I love all of Nirvana's albums, shit... My favorite must be Bleach, or their self titled album...

And of course, Super Rare Trax, has lots of good songs, and covers.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/LukeCobain
Dobio
Am I cool Now!?!?!?
Dobio

Sign-Up Date : 2009-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Favorite album ever?   Favorite album ever? Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 08, 2009 2:05 pm

It's hard to pick a favourite album ever, but I'd probably have to go with S&M by Metallica as my current favourite album. I just love symphony music and I love Metallica.
Back to top Go down
Twone
Am I cool Now!?!?!?
Twone

PostSubject: Re: Favorite album ever?   Favorite album ever? Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:24 pm

Back when I was 13, I listened to punk shit, until my brother showed me my dad's Black Sabbath album. I've been a metalhead ever since.
Back to top Go down
Achromatic
Am I cool Now!?!?!?
Achromatic

PostSubject: Re: Favorite album ever?   Favorite album ever? Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:57 pm

Very hard to say. A few of my favorites are Gorod's 'Leading Vision', Agalloch's 'Ashes Against the Grain', Atheist's 'Elements', and Death's 'Symbolic'.

Recently I've been getting a whole lot into Ulver's 'Perdition City', 'The Earth is not a Cold Dead Place' by Explosions in the Sky, Blackfilm's self-titled, and Agents of Oblivion's self-titled is the secks.

I can't pick an all time favorite, at all. Its hard for me to mention one musician or band without me mentioning 50 others.
Back to top Go down
TheSilverGuitar
Feeling Awesome Yet?
TheSilverGuitar

PostSubject: Re: Favorite album ever?   Favorite album ever? Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:03 pm

Impossible to decide on one, so I'll just list my favourites.

Black Sabbath - Black Sabbath
Surfer Rosa - Pixies
1982 Demos - Black Flag
A Night at the Opera - Queen
http://thesilverguitar.newgrounds.com/news/post/322085

Last edited by TheSilverGuitar on Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Andrew
Am I cool Now!?!?!?

PostSubject: Re: Favorite album ever?   Favorite album ever? Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:08 pm

Nice Picks TSG<TheSilverGuitar(catchy eh?)
Back to top Go down
TheSilverGuitar
Feeling Awesome Yet?
TheSilverGuitar

PostSubject: Re: Favorite album ever?   Favorite album ever? Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:38 pm

Lolthankyou

Yes, quite catchy indeed.
Back to top Go down
Twone
Am I cool Now!?!?!?
Twone

PostSubject: Re: Favorite album ever?   Favorite album ever? Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:43 pm

TheSilverGuitar wrote:
Black Sabbath - Black Sabbath

yesss
Back to top Go down
CapnCrunchDaPimp
Am I cool Now!?!?!?
CapnCrunchDaPimp

PostSubject: Re: Favorite album ever?   Favorite album ever? Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:00 am

Get Out of My Yard by Paul Gilbert, My Arms, Your Hearse by Opeth, Leprosy by Death, Flood by They Might Be Giants, In Absentia by Porcupine Tree, and Absolution by Muse are probably my top 5 favorite albums ever. All are epic.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite album ever?   Favorite album ever? Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 09, 2009 6:14 am

there's just NO way i could pick an absolute favorite... i've been around long enough to have had a lot of favs...

but Metallica would have to be my fav band overall
Back to top Go down
Lost_Chances
Lost_Chances

PostSubject: Re: Favorite album ever?   Favorite album ever? Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:53 am

I'd probably say The Essential Judas Priest for a very high good-to-not-good ratio.
Back to top Go down
Maximus
Feeling Awesome Yet?
Maximus

PostSubject: Re: Favorite album ever?   Favorite album ever? Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:17 am

Whatever People Say I Am That's What I'm Not - Arctic Monkeys.
Back to top Go down
http://braximus.webs.com
Flashwarrior
Feeling Awesome Yet?
Flashwarrior

PostSubject: Re: Favorite album ever?   Favorite album ever? Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:50 am

I'd have to say the two part album Pulse with all of that trance techno stuff from the nineties, I was just a little kid when I heard most of those songs on that and it got me interested in some kind of music as a kid which was important.
Back to top Go down
Maximus
Feeling Awesome Yet?
Maximus

PostSubject: Re: Favorite album ever?   Favorite album ever? Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:04 am

Is This It? - The Strokes.
Back to top Go down
http://braximus.webs.com
Lost_Chances
Lost_Chances

PostSubject: Re: Favorite album ever?   Favorite album ever? Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:21 am

Maximus wrote:
Is This It? - The Strokes.

I got that and to be honest, I wasn't that impressed with it.
Back to top Go down
Scarab
Am I cool Now!?!?!?
Scarab

Sign-Up Date : 2009-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Favorite album ever?   Favorite album ever? Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:05 am

Argh, I couldn't name a single album either to be my favourite either. It's also likely that I'd come up with completely different answers depending on when you asked me, and at other times I'd keep adding "and this... and that" until every album in my CD collection are regarded as favourites.

Putting it briefly though, I'd have to go for post-Revolver Beatles albums because I'm on that side of the coin it seems. There are classics on both sides, but I've still not got tired of Sgt. Pepper's (we thank you guys though for HIDDEN TRACKS )and The Beatles so I guess that seals that one. Automatic For The People by REM has been a favourite for a while, but quite a few of their albums are good, especially the late '80s ones. Fairport Convention's Liege and Lief counts on the folk front (which you can't escape from in this house, but that's not a bad thing). I'm a bit torn as far as jazz goes because most of the ones I have are vague compilations... I'll go for Art Blakey's Moanin'. Some people find it hard to be interested in jazz, but the title track there is pretty sweet, and well-known to a degree too.

I've never been into live music all that much, but there are some great live albums. Two favourites I can name now are Stand In The Fire by Warren Zevon and Rush's Exit... Stage Left, which is the album that got me into Rush, as big as I know they are elsewhere.

Finally... soundtracks. Scarface, catchy '80s pop that works well and has nostalgia value for me. It's all good.

I think I missed the point of this discussion a little.
Back to top Go down
WritersBlock
WritersBlock

Sign-Up Date : 2009-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Favorite album ever?   Favorite album ever? Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:43 pm

I guess, the one album that's had the most profound long-standing affect on me would have to be Daft Punk's Discovery. I bought it when I was ten, and it was my first album ever. I liked it because it was catchy, and years later, I've come back to it and I love it more than ever. Not only has it shaped my appreciation for music, but it's also heavily inspired in my own music productions.

Also, I really love Ladyhawke's self titled debut. The songs on that album are catchy, varied, and are layered with a wonderful '80s vibe. I love her so.

I could probably think of more, but they're two that definitely leap to mind.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite album ever?   Favorite album ever? Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Favorite album ever?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next