The Regulars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Regulars

A place for the Awesome People to be.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Censor, or don't censor?

Go down 
+16
InsertFunnyUserName
Alfain
HotActionYiffFur
Clever Nickname
Dobio
TheSilverGuitar
RobotTaco
Scarab
Sensationalism
Timmy
H-K-S
14hourlunchbreak
AngryBanana
Maximus
Achromatic
Lost_Chances
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Do we censor or give it a trial?
Yes
Censor, or don't censor? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap19%Censor, or don't censor? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 19% [ 5 ]
Trial
Censor, or don't censor? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap35%Censor, or don't censor? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 35% [ 9 ]
No
Censor, or don't censor? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap46%Censor, or don't censor? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 46% [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 26

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Alfain
Am I cool Now!?!?!?
Alfain

Sign-Up Date : 2009-08-07

Censor, or don't censor? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Censor, or don't censor?   Censor, or don't censor? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:13 pm

I chatted with EpicFail, and he told me the censor replaces "Nigger" by "black person". So racist people won't notice it was censored, unless they reread their post.
Back to top Go down
http://proottalfain.newgrounds.com

PostSubject: Re: Censor, or don't censor?   Censor, or don't censor? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:30 pm

Trial it, i mean its JUST A WORD... people need to get their conservative dildo out of their ass
Back to top Go down
RobotTaco
Feeling Awesome Yet?
RobotTaco

Sign-Up Date : 2009-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Censor, or don't censor?   Censor, or don't censor? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:28 am

Dobio wrote:
Not being able to say racial slurs is only going to piss off people who use racial slurs in derogatory ways. It's not going to piss off people who make jokes.

That's my opinion on the subject.

The free speech argument and words are powerless is complete bullshit. Go run around shouting the N word in downtown Harlem and see how that argument goes over, champ.

We can piss off no people if we don't censor it. I don't see why we have to exclude a minority of people just to potentially prevent another minority of people from being harassed. Potentially.

Hell, even with a filter, there are still going to be ways to get around it. There are literally thousands of ways to evade the filter. Good luck finding them all. You never completely remove it.

I will. One of these days, I will. I'm not gonna be arrested. The 50-Cent Wannabe that shoots me will. I think it's fucking bullshit that we aren't allowed to use certain words. Why not just censor swear words too? Why not censor any thing, any little word that could offend someone. They all offend people, "Nigger" and "Shit, "Kike" and "Damn". Let's just ban them all. If we're so worried about offending people, just ban every word.
Back to top Go down
CapnCrunchDaPimp
Am I cool Now!?!?!?
CapnCrunchDaPimp

Sign-Up Date : 2009-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Censor, or don't censor?   Censor, or don't censor? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:32 am

I like this board raw live and uncensored director's cut. Now with swears and boobies.
Back to top Go down
Todd
Am I cool Now!?!?!?
Todd

PostSubject: Re: Censor, or don't censor?   Censor, or don't censor? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:03 am

I don't think banning the N word will really change anything. You'd have to censor all of the alternative spellings. If somebody was going on the forum to troll and use racial slang, to figure out the word is banned, they will shorten it, lengthen it, etc.

I think censoring the word "nigger" won't do anything. As any racist fucker will just go Nigg3r, nigz, etc. And I find nothing wrong with the word, but rather the context racist fuckers use it in.

highhhh
Back to top Go down
Ren
Am I cool Now!?!?!?
Ren

PostSubject: Re: Censor, or don't censor?   Censor, or don't censor? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:31 am

Don't censor it. I don't think anyone would really care. I also doubt it will be used much anyway.
Back to top Go down
Lost_Chances
Lost_Chances

Sign-Up Date : 2009-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Censor, or don't censor?   Censor, or don't censor? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:39 am

Alfain wrote:
I chatted with EpicFail, and he told me the censor replaces "Nigger" by "black person". So racist people won't notice it was censored, unless they reread their post.

But why even censor it to black person. We're intelligent adults here and I can swing my ban-hammer if they act like a racist cunt.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Censor, or don't censor?   Censor, or don't censor? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:54 am

To be completely fair... to ban the N, F,C,T,Y,U,A,AS,AS#, words are useless... why? because we can ALWAYS alter them in a way that although someone might figure it out what it is, it would still mean the same thing... like for example, the word asshole; it could be @$$4013, Ahole, LC, cabron, and things like that, which could simply override whatever... but like LC said, we're all adults... or at least above average IQs than the actual NG boards.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Censor, or don't censor?   Censor, or don't censor? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Censor, or don't censor?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Regulars :: The Regulars :: General-
Jump to: