The Regulars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Regulars

A place for the Awesome People to be.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

MAG (Massive Action Game)

Go down 
+3
TacoFreak
Lost_Chances
Black-Ops
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Black-Ops
Hai I'm New Here!
Black-Ops

Sign-Up Date : 2009-08-10

MAG (Massive Action Game) Empty
PostSubject: MAG (Massive Action Game)   MAG (Massive Action Game) Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:10 am

http://www.mag.com

MAG is a 256 player online First Person Shooter in development by Zipper Interactive, announced at E3 last year. It looks set to be huge, with the in game maps being around 22 square kilometres (for an idea of how that looks, find your nearest town or city on Google Maps and form a 5.5km by 4km square around it/in it). It also features a unique chain of command, with each faction being run by an OIC (Officer In Charge), who has 4 platoon leaders that answer to him/her, with each platoon leader having 4 companies at their disposal, and each company consisting of an 8 player squad, making 128 players in total per team. Confused? Here's a break down:

1 x 4 x 4 x 8
(1) (4) (16) (128)

It will also be possible to play 64 and 128 player games if the thought of making you wait for 255 players to file in puts you off your tea.

While the OIC will be able to participate directly in combat, he/she also has a few abilities at his/her disposal. These include satellite recon sweeps to reveal enemy positions, blockades to slow down an advancing enemy, or signal jamming to disrupt enemy communications, and more.

The potential 256 player action doesn't look like it will compromise on graphics either, with some great looking battlefields and visuals. You can view screenshots and videos of the game at the link above.

It's understandable that this will be heavy on players' bandwidths, with rumours that those whose connection speed is below a certain amount will not be able to play to stop the game suffering from intolerable lag.

I'm very excited about it, as are many of my Killzone 2 chums who eagerly await for the game to be released (currently in beta). Many of us hope that our great expectations will be fulfilled.

...oh didn't you know? MAG is a PS3 exclusive.

HAW HAW HAW :cyclops:
Back to top Go down
Lost_Chances
Lost_Chances

Sign-Up Date : 2009-08-07

PostSubject: Re: MAG (Massive Action Game)   MAG (Massive Action Game) Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:12 am

Haha, you had to retype this.
Back to top Go down
TacoFreak
Am I cool Now!?!?!?
TacoFreak

Sign-Up Date : 2009-08-09

PostSubject: Re: MAG (Massive Action Game)   MAG (Massive Action Game) Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:06 am

lol ps3 only

Operation flashpoint: dragon rising will be better and it's gonna be for PC, PS3 and xbox 360.

22 square kilometers? Pffffft. How about 220 square kilometers.

That's right. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Flashpoint:_Dragon_Rising
Back to top Go down
AngryBanana
Am I cool Now!?!?!?
AngryBanana

Sign-Up Date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: MAG (Massive Action Game)   MAG (Massive Action Game) Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:04 pm

Pshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Ps3 sucks, maine.
Back to top Go down
Maximus
Feeling Awesome Yet?
Maximus

PostSubject: Re: MAG (Massive Action Game)   MAG (Massive Action Game) Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:49 pm

Three Sixty.
Back to top Go down
http://braximus.webs.com
Flashwarrior
Feeling Awesome Yet?
Flashwarrior

PostSubject: Re: MAG (Massive Action Game)   MAG (Massive Action Game) Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:04 pm

It looks amazing, but I don't think it's gonna be for the PC which is the only situation I would be able to buy it. :x
Back to top Go down
Ren
Am I cool Now!?!?!?
Ren

Sign-Up Date : 2009-08-08

PostSubject: Re: MAG (Massive Action Game)   MAG (Massive Action Game) Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:06 am

I'm getting this and will be playing with any of you who are also playing it. :3
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MAG (Massive Action Game)   MAG (Massive Action Game) Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

MAG (Massive Action Game)
Page 1 of 1