The Regulars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Regulars

A place for the Awesome People to be.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Feedback plox :3

Go down 
+3
TheSilverGuitar
Flashwarrior
14hourlunchbreak
7 posters
AuthorMessage
14hourlunchbreak
Am I cool Now!?!?!?
14hourlunchbreak

Sign-Up Date : 2009-08-08

Feedback plox :3 Empty
PostSubject: Feedback plox :3   Feedback plox :3 Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:47 am

I've been working on this game for ages and I wanted to get some feedback on it without it being released to the majority of Newgrounds. 🤡

SO, if you would be so kind to play a little preview of my game and comment on it and not share the link with anyone besides the people that go here, that would be terrific.

So yeah, here's the preview of the game I've been working on for.... a long while:

Back to top Go down
http://14hourlunchbreak.newgrounds.com
14hourlunchbreak
Am I cool Now!?!?!?
14hourlunchbreak

PostSubject: Re: Feedback plox :3   Feedback plox :3 Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:48 am

And if it wont show up, just go here.
Back to top Go down
Flashwarrior
Feeling Awesome Yet?
Flashwarrior

Sign-Up Date : 2009-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Feedback plox :3   Feedback plox :3 Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:01 am

it would be nice if you could jump on and kill rats but I don't know if you want it to be the kind of game where you avoid enemies instead of killing them. It would also be nice to have a death sequence instead of the screen fading black, because the character can still move during that time which is weird since you just died. I think the character is kind of bizarre myself but that's also up to you what to make him like.
Back to top Go down
TheSilverGuitar
Feeling Awesome Yet?
TheSilverGuitar

PostSubject: Re: Feedback plox :3   Feedback plox :3 Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:07 am

It's pretty nice so far. I love the pixel theme and I love what you did with the preloader. Like FW said, a death sequence would be nice, as it feels slightly unnatural without one. Sometimes it feels like it's too easy to die, but I'm guessing that's what you were going for?

Anyway, seems like makings of a good game.
Back to top Go down
Timmy
Timmy

PostSubject: Re: Feedback plox :3   Feedback plox :3 Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:08 am

Since the rats are attracted to your character, jumping over them is rather difficult, since they move into your landing spot (especially if there are two of them).

Maybe set them on a designated path rather than have them drawn to the main character?
Back to top Go down
14hourlunchbreak
Am I cool Now!?!?!?
14hourlunchbreak

PostSubject: Re: Feedback plox :3   Feedback plox :3 Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:14 am

Thanks to the three of you for feedback. I'll try to cover some things in this post.

1. The fade to black was a placeholder, and I'm going to have a death sequence..... possibly.
I'm just not sure how to go about it.

2. I can fix the moving when the screen fades to black problem easily.

3. As for the rats, you'll get used to jumping over them. It just takes some practice.

4. Also, I'm not going to make it possible to kill the rats by jumping on them or anything ike that. This isn't Mario.

Anyway, I'm glad you guys liked the game! : D
Back to top Go down
Flashwarrior
Feeling Awesome Yet?
Flashwarrior

PostSubject: Re: Feedback plox :3   Feedback plox :3 Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:36 pm

can you give him a gun? :3
How about only if you put in a secret password so I can finish the game,
And only we'll know :P
Back to top Go down
BRASS
Feeling Awesome Yet?
BRASS

PostSubject: Re: Feedback plox :3   Feedback plox :3 Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 09, 2009 6:41 pm

I love it.

The music on the menu sequence is such a cool version of the Song of Storms, I think I came a bit.

Also, the game just gives off a good vibe. The art is nice, especially for pixel art.

I agree, it could use like a death sequence of some sort.

I actually like that the rats are invulnerable because it makes them feel like more of an obstacle than an enemy.

I'll play it when it comes out.

<3
Back to top Go down
TheSilverGuitar
Feeling Awesome Yet?
TheSilverGuitar

PostSubject: Re: Feedback plox :3   Feedback plox :3 Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:39 am

BRASS wrote:
The music on the menu sequence is such a cool version of the Song of Storms, I think I came a bit.

I was going to mention that. That part was great, the 8-bit theme actually does epic justice to the original.
Back to top Go down
RobotTaco
Feeling Awesome Yet?
RobotTaco

Sign-Up Date : 2009-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Feedback plox :3   Feedback plox :3 Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:48 am

I thought it was pretty cool. I think you could add a sound effect for when he takes damage. Other than that, what every one else said is pretty legit.
Back to top Go down
Maximus
Feeling Awesome Yet?
Maximus

PostSubject: Re: Feedback plox :3   Feedback plox :3 Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:08 am

It's cool, but in my opinion the music is really annoying.
Back to top Go down
http://braximus.webs.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Feedback plox :3   Feedback plox :3 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Feedback plox :3
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Regulars :: The Regulars :: General-
Jump to: