The Regulars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Regulars

A place for the Awesome People to be.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I don't listen to that genre except...

Go down 
+14
Clever Nickname
Scarab
Lost_Chances
Maximus
CapnCrunchDaPimp
Tusk
EpicFail
Flashwarrior
TheSilverGuitar
Twone
Dobio
Alfain
BRASS
Sensationalism
18 posters
AuthorMessage
Sensationalism
Admin
Sensationalism

Sign-Up Date : 2009-08-07

I don't listen to that genre except... Empty
PostSubject: I don't listen to that genre except...   I don't listen to that genre except... Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:49 pm

So I'm sure we all have at least one genre of music we just don't like. But sometimes despite that, we'll still like something from that genre, right?

I pretty much hate country music but there is this one song I like. Its called like Fishing in the Dark or something. Good memories I guess.

Anyone else have something like that?
Back to top Go down
BRASS
Feeling Awesome Yet?
BRASS

PostSubject: Re: I don't listen to that genre except...   I don't listen to that genre except... Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:19 am

I don't think there's any country song I enjoy :/ It's not like I can't stand it but I really don't enjoy any of it much. Dunno, maybe if I listened around more.
Back to top Go down
Sensationalism
Admin
Sensationalism

PostSubject: Re: I don't listen to that genre except...   I don't listen to that genre except... Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 08, 2009 1:07 am

Ah. I listened to a lot of country unwillingly as a kid and even now sometimes because my dad plays it.
Back to top Go down
Alfain
Am I cool Now!?!?!?
Alfain

PostSubject: Re: I don't listen to that genre except...   I don't listen to that genre except... Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 08, 2009 3:06 am

I could say that about rap, I guess. I like the song bounce quite a bit.

Bounce, by MSTRKRFT

But then again, what I like is the music, not the vocals. I already like electro.
Back to top Go down
http://proottalfain.newgrounds.com
Dobio
Am I cool Now!?!?!?
Dobio

Sign-Up Date : 2009-08-08

PostSubject: Re: I don't listen to that genre except...   I don't listen to that genre except... Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 08, 2009 2:08 pm

I'm with Sen, I hate country music. I actually started to hear country music that I liked, but then I remembered it was country music so I shut it off.

I have my radio alarm set to country music station, so I wake up right away. lol. I think the reason I hate country so much is just because I was super overexposed to it in highschool and everytime I hear it, it reminds me of redneck city.
Back to top Go down
Twone
Am I cool Now!?!?!?
Twone

PostSubject: Re: I don't listen to that genre except...   I don't listen to that genre except... Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:07 pm

I can't stand rap (except for Public Enemy and NWA. They cool), country, or techno.
Back to top Go down
TheSilverGuitar
Feeling Awesome Yet?
TheSilverGuitar

PostSubject: Re: I don't listen to that genre except...   I don't listen to that genre except... Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:09 pm

Try as I might, I can't hate the song "Crush My Battle Opponents Balls" even though it technically falls into the category of death metal.
Or do fictional bands not count? :3
Back to top Go down
Flashwarrior
Feeling Awesome Yet?
Flashwarrior

PostSubject: Re: I don't listen to that genre except...   I don't listen to that genre except... Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:47 pm

I don't like any country except that "whiskey for our men beer for our horses" song.

Alfain wrote:
I could say that about rap, I guess. I like the song bounce quite a bit.

Bounce, by MSTRKRFT

But then again, what I like is the music, not the vocals. I already like electro.

That song is actually more synth pop/ techno because of the other works by the band, I wouldn't actually classify it as rap, though the vocals are very rap/hip hop-esque.
Back to top Go down
EpicFail
Admin
EpicFail

PostSubject: Re: I don't listen to that genre except...   I don't listen to that genre except... Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:55 pm

I practically enjoy every genre, except for country and other garbage.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/LukeCobain
Tusk
Hai I'm New Here!
Tusk

Sign-Up Date : 2009-08-09

PostSubject: Re: I don't listen to that genre except...   I don't listen to that genre except... Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:52 am

I hate the new shit they put on radio that remixed pretty much any good ol' song.
Back to top Go down
CapnCrunchDaPimp
Am I cool Now!?!?!?
CapnCrunchDaPimp

PostSubject: Re: I don't listen to that genre except...   I don't listen to that genre except... Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:27 am

Some older/guitar heavy country is ok I guess. I also enjoy some rap like Aesop Rock and Team Teamwork.
Back to top Go down
Maximus
Feeling Awesome Yet?
Maximus

PostSubject: Re: I don't listen to that genre except...   I don't listen to that genre except... Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:10 am

I can't stand shitty R&B.
Back to top Go down
http://braximus.webs.com

PostSubject: Re: I don't listen to that genre except...   I don't listen to that genre except... Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 09, 2009 6:12 am

i could say that about rap... i'll listen to 3-5 rap songs still ye over hate the genre
Back to top Go down
Lost_Chances
Lost_Chances

PostSubject: Re: I don't listen to that genre except...   I don't listen to that genre except... Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:52 am

I can not hate Faithless or Massive Attack, despite disliking dance/techno/electro/etc.
Back to top Go down
Maximus
Feeling Awesome Yet?
Maximus

PostSubject: Re: I don't listen to that genre except...   I don't listen to that genre except... Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:18 am

I fucking love old school rap, Big L, NWA, Wu Tang Clan.

As for the new shit like, Eminem, 50 Cent and all that, I can't stand.
Back to top Go down
http://braximus.webs.com
Scarab
Am I cool Now!?!?!?
Scarab

PostSubject: Re: I don't listen to that genre except...   I don't listen to that genre except... Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:39 am

The same goes for me too, with rap or the stuff that people call hip-hop. Sometimes I find it hard to find the barrier, yet it's easy for some apparently. I like "The Message" by Grandmaster Flash and the Furious Five, partly because it's well-known enough as a classic to get airplay on more general radio stations/TV channels, but mostly because it's something that the listener can connect to a little easier, in comparison to the themes in the rap of today anyway.

I like "O.P.P" by Naughty By Nature too, for the word play and also for the decent enough Jackson 5 sampling. It's still pretty sassy.

I've never really been able to get into country all that much, so I don't have much of an issue with it. The kind of music I've listened to that some might define as country fits into other genres too (Bob Dylan, The Byrds, Neil Young, etc.). I do like some of what I've heard from the more obvious kind of country though. Thanks San Andreas.

I can imagine it being overplayed though if you're in the right area.
Back to top Go down
Clever Nickname
Am I cool Now!?!?!?
Clever Nickname

PostSubject: Re: I don't listen to that genre except...   I don't listen to that genre except... Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:51 pm

TheSilverGuitar wrote:
Try as I might, I can't hate the song "Crush My Battle Opponents Balls" even though it technically falls into the category of death metal.

dethklok aren't death metal

i mean, i would know. i'm a metal elitist and a total dick about it.
Back to top Go down
Sensationalism
Admin
Sensationalism

PostSubject: Re: I don't listen to that genre except...   I don't listen to that genre except... Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:36 pm

Clever Nickname wrote:
TheSilverGuitar wrote:

dethklok aren't death metal

i mean, i would know. i'm a metal elitist and a total dick about it.

I missed seeing that avatar!!
Back to top Go down
robotussin
Am I cool Now!?!?!?
robotussin

PostSubject: Re: I don't listen to that genre except...   I don't listen to that genre except... Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:37 pm

I hate metal but I really like The Black Dahlia Murder.

They're more melodic.

Plus they don't suck.
Back to top Go down
RobotTaco
Feeling Awesome Yet?
RobotTaco

PostSubject: Re: I don't listen to that genre except...   I don't listen to that genre except... Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:41 pm

I listen to everything BUT country.

But I just love Johnny Cash, goddammit.
Back to top Go down
robotussin
Am I cool Now!?!?!?
robotussin

PostSubject: Re: I don't listen to that genre except...   I don't listen to that genre except... Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:41 pm

RobotTaco wrote:
I listen to everything BUT country.

But I just love Johnny Cash, goddammit.

How can you not like Johnny Cash?
Back to top Go down
Sensationalism
Admin
Sensationalism

PostSubject: Re: I don't listen to that genre except...   I don't listen to that genre except... Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:45 pm

I like String Cheese Incident's song about Johnny Cash.

Johnny Cash don't smoke hash, Johnny Cash don't smoke hash.

He's getting on the train. And he ain't ever coming baaack.

The Man In Black is awesome though.
Back to top Go down
Timmy
Timmy

PostSubject: Re: I don't listen to that genre except...   I don't listen to that genre except... Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:00 pm

Maximus wrote:
I can't stand shitty R&B.

I hate most R&B, but the really old stuff I grew up with still brings a smile to my face. Especially KC & JoJo.
Back to top Go down
thatoneguyfromDD
Am I cool Now!?!?!?
thatoneguyfromDD

Sign-Up Date : 2009-08-10

PostSubject: Re: I don't listen to that genre except...   I don't listen to that genre except... Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:02 pm

I fucking love Bob Dylan, but I'm not sure what genre he is. I don't like anyone similar to him.
Back to top Go down
Clever Nickname
Am I cool Now!?!?!?
Clever Nickname

PostSubject: Re: I don't listen to that genre except...   I don't listen to that genre except... Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:08 pm

thatoneguyfromDD wrote:
I fucking love Bob Dylan, but I'm not sure what genre he is. I don't like anyone similar to him.

he is folk revival.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I don't listen to that genre except...   I don't listen to that genre except... Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

I don't listen to that genre except...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Regulars :: The Regulars :: Music-
Jump to: