The Regulars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Regulars

A place for the Awesome People to be.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Romancing SaGa 3

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
RobotTaco
Feeling Awesome Yet?
RobotTaco

Sign-Up Date : 2009-08-09

Romancing SaGa 3 Empty
PostSubject: Romancing SaGa 3   Romancing SaGa 3 Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 22, 2009 5:40 pm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Romancing_SaGa_3

Romancing SaGa 3 is a turn-based RPG for the SNES. It's different from many RPGs though in many of its characteristics. First off, there is a life point system. With this, there is no need to revive characters, only to heal them. However, this also makes it so once your character is completely drained of life points, they're dead and stay dead. Another thing is that there are 8 playable characters to choose from, each with their own backstory, and are also highly customizable before you start the game. A third aspect is that characters don't level up and neither do most of their stats. Your stats are decided by the character you pick and the only things that level up are your HP, TP, Weapon Proficiency, Magic Proficiency, and Techs, which you learn by attacking.

It's most unique aspect though, is that it centers around side-quests, instead of a concrete story. The main story is a cliche story centered around killing four elemental lords (Although, you can beat them in any order.) and it has very little substance. This is counter-balanced by the sheer number of side-quests available, side-characters to recruit, towns to visit, magic to learn, and so on. It is also pretty much required to do said side-quests, otherwise you'll never beat the game. This game is hard. The enemies do so much damage, many being far harder than the Abyss Lords. The enemies also gain strength as you get stronger, meaning that even if you go to a beginning area, the enemies will still be able to put up a fight.

Every character has a unique story to them, unique strengths, and are all very unique, with 31 characters recruitable in all (Counting your main character.), although only 6 can be in any party at one time and only 5 can be used in battle of that 6. The reason why you have room for 6 is because of another unique trait: The Commander Mode. Setting your main character in the back, he/she heals the 5 other character and can instruct them to do various multi-techs, although these are difficult to learn and require a lot of planning in who specializes in what to use to the best of their ability.

It's a very fun and challenging game, one that I've spent at least 30 hours on (And I still haven't beaten it...). Although it was only released in Japan, a ROM with English translation can be found here: http://www.fantasyanime.com/saga/rs3downloads.htm

I encourage you all to try it out. It's a pretty decent game. One of my favorites.
Back to top Go down
Chymeraxe
Am I cool Now!?!?!?

Sign-Up Date : 2009-08-09

Romancing SaGa 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Romancing SaGa 3   Romancing SaGa 3 Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:33 am

Ooooo. Sounds like a pretty neat game. I'll definately be trying it sometime. Seems pretty advanced for its time.
Back to top Go down

Romancing SaGa 3
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Regulars :: The Regulars :: Video Games-
Jump to: